Valves for Power & Energy
L&T Valves is a leader in flow-control solutions for the power industry. The company manufactures valves in ASME classes up to 4500, and enjoys a global reputation for reliability and performance in supercritical and combined cycle power plants.
Power plants present unique challenges, and L&T Valves offers a portfolio of high performance solutions that successfully address the challenges:
- Pressure-seal Valves in ASME classes up to 4100 - Design validated by High Pressure High Temperature Gas Test on 20” class 3100 WCC and 6” class 3100 C12A prototypes - witnessed by a global certification agency
- Valves in high alloys - C12A, F91 and F92
- Valves in intermediate pressure classes
L&T Valves Portfolio for Power:
The company offers a versatile range of solutions for turbine and boiler islands as well as balance of plant (BOP):
- Pressure-seal Gate, Globe & Check Valves
- Bolted-bonnet Gate, Globe & Check Valves
- Triple-offset Butterfly Valves
- Flanged Butterfly Valves for Water Lines
- Customised solutions - Reheater Isolating Device, Quick Closing Non-return Valve, Tilting Disc Check Valve, Stop Check Valves
Valves for Power - Material Grades
- Carbon Steel: WCB, WCC, A105
- 1¼ Cr - ½ Mo: WC6, F11
- 2¼ Cr - 1 Mo: WC9, F22
- 9 Cr - 1 Mo - ¼ V: C12A, F91
- Austenitic Stainless Steels (18-8): CF8, F304
- Austenitic Stainless Steels (16 Cr - 12 Ni - 2 Mo): CF8M, F316
The valves are designed in 3D design environment, leveraging the power of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). The designs of high pressure valves were successfully validated by conducting in-house High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) Gas Tests, witnessed by an international certification agency. Further, Flow Interruption Test was successfully conducted on a Pressure-seal Gate Valve suitable for nuclear power plant Main Stream Isolation Valve (MSIV) application.
L&T Valves has a flexible manufacturing infrastructure designed to address the variety of designs, sizes, pressure classes and materials in a typical power plant order.
- 5-axis Machining Centres
- CNC Vertical Turret Lathes
- CNC Horizontal Boring Machines
- Automated Welding Machines - SMAW, MIG, Plasma Arc, table diameter 60”
- High volume painting facility
- Cranes with 40 ton capacity
At L&T Valves, manufacturing complexity is managed by an end-to-end digital platform - linked to the ERP system - that guarantees 100% visibility and error-free on-time manufacture. The advanced project management capability ensures that the valve deliveries match your project schedules.
L&T Valves offers asset management support for the entire life cycle of the products. The company provides commissioning and maintenance support, and ValvTrac™, an RFID-enabled app provides digital traceability and all information required for operation and maintenance of the valves, literally at the finger tips.